If you are interested in natural medicine, alternative medicine, holistic medicine, and other aspects of healthy, natural living (like chiropractic care), then you know that there are essentially countless websites and blogs on the subject, but which resources are truly the cream of the crop? Read on to discover who we chose as the 50 BEST natural medicine websites!
1. Alternative Medicine Alternative Medicine has been an industry leading magazine for years, and their online content is just as information-rich and fascinating as the magazine itself. Learn tons about healthier eating and natural ways to help you stay fit and ward off illness. Be sure to check out all of their health tips !
Site Link: http://alternativemedicine.com/
Posts that we love:
1. Exercise May Shield Against The Health Fallout Of A Weeklong of Overeating
2. Stimulating the Brain Makes Exercising the Legs Feel Easier
3. Natural Approaches to a Healthier Prostate
2. Natural Medicines Natural Medicines is one of our favorite resources on the web for dietary supplements, natural medicines, and complementary alternative & integrative therapies. Also, an incredible resource for anyone interested in learning about medication interactions, effectiveness, and adverse effects. Be sure to subscribe to unlock all of their premium services.
Posts that we love:
1. What is Cupping?
2. Cocoa Compound Reduces Appetite
3. Resveratrol Improves Hormone Levels in Women with PCOS
3. Natural News Perhaps the most active, consistently updated natural medicine website on the entire internet. Check back daily to discover new content on every alternative medicine & healthy living topic you can possible imagine, written by respected industry experts.
4. The American Association of Naturopathic Physicians The American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP) is the national professional society representing licensed naturopathic physicians. AANP aims to increase awareness of naturopathic doctors and expand the body of naturopathic medicine research.
Site Link: http://www.naturopathic.org/medicine
5. Global Healing Center Dr. Ed Group, creator of Global Healing Center, is a pioneer in the field of natural healing, and has made it his life's mission to spread the word of health and wellness to the global community.
Site Link: http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/
6. Prevention Prevention is easily one of our favorite healthy living blogs, featuring smart and helpful articles, from topics as wide-ranging as: food recipes, beauty, sex, mind-body, and weight loss. Prevention also offers a lovely online shop, with high quality beauty & skincare products, cooking tools, fitness equipment and more.
Share Link: http://www.prevention.com/
7. Underground Health Underground Health is a leader in alternative medicine info and alternative health news. They uncover health related news stories that won’t show up in the mainstream media, and are there to help people understand the value of alternative medicine and healthy eating.
Site Link: https://www.undergroundhealth.com/
8. Alternative Medicine Zone Alternative Medicine Zone is your one stop website for tons of excellent content on alternative health & treatments, herbal medicines, alternative medicines, yoga, massage therapy, and much more, presented in easy-to-read and enjoyable articles.
Site Link: http://www.altmedicinezone.com/
9. Natural Holistic Health Started by Dee Braun in 2005, National Holistic Health has been a leading industry blog on the subjects of natural healing and alternative medicine for over a decade, and now includes natural health experts who strive to provide timely, interesting information on holistic healing and well-being.
Site Link: http://www.natural-holistic-health.com/
10. Joyous Health Started by holistic nutritionist Joy McCarthy, Joyous Health has truly blossomed into one our favorite go-to blogs for healthy living! Topics range from fitness & wellness, to beauty, to inspiration, all the way to mama & baby. Be sure to join Joy’s online community to receive the full benefit of her excellent website!
Site Link: https://www.joyoushealth.com/blog
Posts that we love:
1. Peanut Butter vs. Almond Butter
2. Five Exercises for Mom and Baby
3. How to Make a Better (and Healthier) Cup of Coffee
11. University of Maryland Medical Center The University of Maryland deserves a ton of credit for creating such a bountiful resource on all topics regarding complementary and alternative medicines. Learn basically everything there is to know about herbs, supplements (and their interactions), treatments, and conditions.
Site Link: http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed
Posts that we love:
1. Medical Encyclopedia
2. Drug Interaction Tool
3. Complementary and Alternative Medicine Guide
12. The Complete Herbal Guide The Complete Herbal Guide is one of our all-time favorite websites on the topic of healing herbs. Updated daily, The Complete Herbal Guide offers a cornucopia of information on subjects including alternative medicine, vitamins & supplements, and how to live healthy. Includes many interviews with experts and thought leaders.
Site Link: http://thecompleteherbalguide.com/
Posts that we love:
1. 10 Must Do Exercises This Fall
2. 12 Tips for Healthy Holiday Eating
3. Top 25 Foods That Make Your Skin Radiant and Glowing
13. Wholeness Center The Wholeness Center represents a new vision of natural health and integrative medicine for Fort Collins and Northern Colorado. Their experienced staff of integrative psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, naturopaths, and other holistic practitioners also maintain a blog and podcast to share their knowledge on these topics with the masses.
Site Link: http://www.wholeness.com/blog/
14. New Health Ideas Kathleen Gresham started New Health Ideas when, at 29, she realized she was struggling to keep up with older people in her ballet class. In an effort to get healthier and fitter, she began her quest to learn all she could about healthier living. Now, her blog brings together as much new information as possible about health, longevity, fitness, weight loss and important medical breakthroughs.
Site Link: http://www.newhealthideas.com/
Posts that we love:
1. Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease
2. Burn 400 Calories in 30 Minutes, Lose weight and Tone your Body
3. 37 Daily Habits to Improve Your Health, Transform Your Life & Live Healthy!
15. Medline Plus MedlinePlus is the National Institutes of Health's website for patients and their families and friends. Produced by the National Library of Medicine, the world’s largest medical library, it brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand. MedlinePlus offers reliable, up-to-date health information for all, free of charge.
Site Link: https://medlineplus.gov/
16. GreenMedInfo GreenMedInfo is dedicated to providing evidence-based natural medical information. Through their easy to navigate and attractive site, GreenMedInfo provides physicians, healthcare practitioners, clinicians, researchers and consumers a resource to determine the therapeutic value of vitamins, minerals, herbs and foods.
Site Link: http://www.greenmedinfo.com/
17. Jill’s Home Remedies Jill started Jill’s Home Remedies in 2011 to share with the world all the fun and educational things she has learned regarding natural health. As a sickly child with few answers from doctors, Jill discovered that natural remedies made her feel best, and now she hopes that others can follow in her footsteps toward a healthier life.
Site Link: http://jillshomeremedies.com/
18. Optimal Health Network Kristina Amelong, creator of the Optimal Health Network, offers easy-to-use alternative health resources to the community. She provides effective lifestyle tools that assist people to create individualized health programs. The alternative health tools she recommends include colon cleansing, a fasting diet, and detox diets.
Site Link: http://blog.optimalhealthnetwork.com/
Posts that we love:
1. Scientific Literature Absolutely Supports the Use of Enema Treatments
2. Spring Cleanse: What Is The Best Way To Detox?
3. Essential Oil Use Holds Promise in Lowering Our Need for Antibiotics
19. Nat Med Talk Nat Med Talk is perhaps the most active alternative health forum on the web, with over 11,000 members and over 76,000 posts. Chat about anything you can think of within the realm of natural medicine (and anything even remotely related), and you can be sure that you will find other individuals to share and discuss these topics with.
Site Link: http://www.natmedtalk.com/
20. Modern Alternative Mama Kate, the Modern Alternative Mama, is a busy woman, When she isn’t off being a wife and mommy to 5 children, she is busy maintaining Modern Alternative Mama, a great blog, particularly for Mom’s who are looking to raise their families with natural, healthy choices.
Site Link: http://www.modernalternativemama.com/
21. Earth Clinic Founded by Deirdre Layne all the way back in 1999, Earth Clinic is one of the original, awesome natural health websites on the web. Earth Clinic has consistently been ranked among the world's top sites for Alternative and Integrative Medicine for well over a decade, and is still an excellent place to learn about tried-and-true natural remedies.
Site Link: https://www.earthclinic.com/
22. Mary’s Naturopathic Medicine Blog Mary Simon has been maintaining Mary’s Naturopathic Medicine Blog since 2014, as she continues on her scholastic journey at NUHS, in the Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine Program. She provides a fun and fascinating look into the life of a person studying to become a natural health medical professional.
Site Link: http://www.nuhs.edu/mary/
23. MindBodyGreen MindBodyGreen brings together leaders in the wellness world, best-selling authors, fitness experts, trusted healers, pioneering doctors, top chefs, celebrities, and top-tier journalists to give you the freshest, most in-the-know content and tools to help you live your healthiest, happiest life, all published on an attractive looking website.
Site Link: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/
24. Spine-health Spine-health.com was started in August 1999 by Peter F. Ullrich, Jr., MD and Stephanie Burke, with a shared goal of providing intelligent, unbiased and highly relevant medical information and community support for people dealing with a wide range of pain conditions and related issues, such as back pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, depression, osteoporosis, sleep disorders, exercise, diet and more.
Site Link: http://www.spine-health.com/blog
25. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health Founded in 1998, The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health is the Federal Government's lead agency for scientific research on the diverse medical and health care systems, practices, and products that are not generally considered part of conventional medicine, and conducts research to help answer important scientific and public health questions about complementary health approaches.
Site Link: https://nccih.nih.gov/
26. Dr. Brownstein’s Holistic Medicine Dr. David Brownstein is a family physician and is one of the foremost practitioners of holistic medicine. He is the Medical Director of the Center for Holistic Medicine in West Bloomfield, MI. Dr. Brownstein has lectured internationally to physicians and others about his success in using natural hormones and nutritional therapies in his practice.
Site Link: http://www.drbrownstein.com/
27. The Chiropractic Resource Organization In 1995, in the days before the Internet became popular, a few Chiropractors decided to create a website where Chiropractors would work toward providing the best information and communication possible for the Chiropractic profession. That site is The Chiropractic Resource Organization and it’s still going strong to this day.
Site Link: http://chiro.org/wordpress/
28. Healthy News Janet Starr Hull created Healthy News to educate, stimulate, and motivate as many people as she can. Healthy News is here to provide the answers that most people cannot find in the traditional medical channels, and to enlighten the spirit in those seeking to regain their health and wellness.
Site Link: http://www.janethull.com/healthynews/
29. Beyond Meds Beyond Meds documents and shares many natural methods of self-care for finding and sustaining health in body, mind and spirit. This blog also deals with wider issues in the political and spiritual realms as they pertain to mental health and human rights issues surrounding psychiatry.
Site Link: https://beyondmeds.com/
Posts that we love:
1. Help for insomnia…
2. Aromatherapy is being scientifically studied
3. Fight or flight? Try FIGHTING. Kickboxing scratches that itch.
30. Chiro One Wellness Centers Chiro One Wellness Centers are Chicagoland based chiropractic care centers founded in 1992. More than that, they are now an active leader in the online space, offering a plethora of valuable information on a much broader scale of subjects than just chiropractics, including: nutrition, mental well being, family health, and sports medicine.
Site Link: http://www.chiroone.net/bewell
31. Della Terra Wellness Katerina Baratta is the founder of Della Terra Wellness, the prime destination for women who want to live up to their healthiest, most vibrant, and well-balanced potential, naturally. Positive, inspirational, and useful blog content abounds on Della Terra, and the site has been featured on many best of the web lists and major publications.
Site Link: https://dellaterrawellness.com/
32. Acupuncture Health Insights Lynn Jaffee, creator of Acupuncture Health Insights, is a licensed practitioner of acupuncture and Chinese medicine and the author of the book, Simple Steps: The Chinese Way to Better Health, a clear and concise explanation of Chinese medicine. AHI offers a wealth of information on acupuncture and Chinese medicine.
Ste Link: http://acupuncturetwincities.com/
33. Saratoga: Living Well Tucked away on a website about Saratoga, New York, is a surprisingly excellent natural living blog, called Living Well, and believe us, the information provided is useful for everyone, not just residents of Saratoga. Maintained by an experienced holistic physician and a licensed Aesthetician.
Site Link: http://www.saratoga.com/living-well/
34. Natural Remedies Caitlin MacKinna, founder of the Natural Remedies blog, is a licensed physical therapist, herbalist, and Reiki Master. She provides her thoughts and insights on home remedies and natural cures for common ailments & diseases and more on this simple and informative blog.
Site Link: http://naturalremedysite.blogspot.com/
35. Dr. Geo Dr. Geo is a renowned research physician in the areas of holistic urology and men’s health issues, including prostate and testicular issues. His focus is on the behaviors, lifestyles, nutritional, naturopathic and functional medical approaches to helping you extend and enjoy your life.
Site Link: http://drgeo.com/
36. Natural Partners Natural Partners Wellness Blog is a beautifully designed blog, focusing on natural remedies, nutritional wellness, supplements, and healthy eating. Updated consistently, you will always find something new and interesting each time you stop by.
Site Link: http://blog.naturalpartners.com/
37. Alternative Health Care Blog Dr. Catherine’s Alternative Health Care Blog has been a consistent, high quality resource for those interested in acupuncture and Chinese medicine for years. With an education including degrees from Columbia University and New England School of Acupuncture, you can rest assured that Dr. Catherine knows her craft like few others.
38. Natural Oil Mom Natural Oil Mom knows all about how easy it can be to fall into the trap of eating a fat heavy, fast food diet, but if you follow the content published on her blog, you will learn how to leave the fat behind and focus on healthy eating for you and your whole family (and a whole lot more!).
Site Link: http://www.naturaloilmom.com/
39. Origins Natural Medicine Dr. Alicia McCubbins is a licensed naturopathic physician, practicing in the state of Washington, who also maintains a world class alt medicine blog with her extra time, in an attempt to educate, motivate and inspire.
Site Link: http://www.originsnaturalmedicine.com/blog
40. Dr. Homeo: All About Homeopathy Dr. Homeo: All About Homeopathy is a blog website created by Dr. Vikas Sharma, who has been a homeopathic physician for over the past 16 years, and his experience shows in his superior articles on how to treat almost every ailment you can imagine.
Site Link: http://www.drhomeo.com/
41. Naturopathic Foundations Created and maintained by the doctors of the Naturopathic Foundation’s Health Clinic in Ontario, Canada, they provide a deep insight into disease prevention and treatment, as well as offering plenty of fun and fascinating related articles.
Site Link: http://blog.naturopathicfoundations.ca/
42. Philadelphia Integrative Medicine The Holistic Medicine Blog, created by Philadelphia Integrative Medicine, strives to combine the best of conventional and alternative medicine to inspire you and give you the tools to care for yourself and be well. Updated regularly, so be sure to keep checking in for new content.
Site Link: https://philly-im.com/articles/
43. Ayurvedic Talk The Ayurvedic Talk blog is everything related to Ayurveda, Yoga and Holistic Life. An ever growing compilation of ideas, news, and researches in the field of herbal medicine that will help you to bring natural balance to your life.
Site Link: http://www.ayurvedictalk.com/
44. Well - The New York Times The New York Times, perhaps surprisingly, posts a fair amount on the topic of alternative medicine, and collects all of its related content into one place for the ease of its readership. You, too, should be taking advantage of their excellent journalism on the subject matter of alternative medicine.
Site Link: https://www.nytimes.com/section/well
Posts that we love:
1. Tai Chi and Heart Disease
2. Music Can Help Recovery From Surgery
3. Straddling Conventional and Alternative Cancer Treatment
45. eHealth Forum The eHealth Forum is an alternative medicine & health community, featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions. Get your questions answered today at the eHealth Forum.
46. Embracing Health Leisa Wheeler, naturopath and raw food coach, is the founder and director of Embracing Health, a business dedicated to bringing you health information that can change your life. Be prepared to learn tons about diet and nutrition, physical fitness, emotional release work, hands-on healing, meditation, self-development, and metaphysics.
Site Link: http://www.embracinghealthblog.com/
47. Numen Blog Who would have ever guessed that one of our Top 50 websites would be belonging to a documentary film, but the Numen Blog, produced in conjunction with the documentary movie Numen, really has tons of fascinating content about natural medicine, herbs, and sustainability. Oh, by the way, the movie is excellent too.
Site Link: http://www.numenfilm.com/blog/
48. Authentic Self Wellness Good nutrition is vital. The Authentic Self Wellness blog will inspire you to start eating a diet full of nutrient-dense foods, and includes content ranging from radio show episodes, to product reviews, and even delicious recipes.
Site Link: http://authenticselfwellness.com/
49. ND Healthcare Run by a small collection of expert naturopathic physicians, you can always count on the ND Healthcare blog to offer lucid, and interesting content on the importance of naturopathic care and health conditions that can be helped with naturopathic treatments.
Site Link: http://www.ndhealthcare.com/blog/
50. Online Holistic Health Online Holistic Health was created to provide a platform to present information related to natural health care as an alternative to our current healthcare system. It’s purpose is to bring awareness to the public and provide individuals with the information necessary for them to regain their health, prevent illness and disease, and to achieve overall optimal health. If you are interested in writing for OHH, you can submit samples of your work here .
Site Link: http://www.onlineholistichealth.com/
Are there any natural medicine websites that you swear by, but don’t see on our list? Comment letting us know your favorites!