Slip and Fall
Slip and Fall Injuries
Slips and falls account for over 1 million Emergency Room visits every year in the US alone, making it one of the leading causes of annual ER visits. Slips and falls can result in a vast array of bodily injuries, from sprains and muscle strains, to more severe injuries like fractures, which account for upwards of 5% of all slip and fall injuries.
The reason individuals choose chiropractic care for treatment of injuries sustained in slips and falls is simple – chiropractic care is exceptional in the treatment of soft tissue injuries, especially of the spine. Since the most common injuries associated with slips and falls are sprains and strains, it’s only natural that chiropractic be the treatment of choice. Many studies have found that individuals injured in slips and falls prefer chiropractic care for the treatment of their injuries.
What To Do After A Slip and Fall?
Schedule An Appointment
If you have been involved in a slip and fall accident you will need to make an appointment for a brief, but thorough, examination. It’s important to not only receive immediate and appropriate treatment for any injuries sustained, but also to document the extent of the injuries, if present.
Failure to obtain a timely evaluation or appropriate treatment for injuries sustained in a slip and fall may negate your ability to receive monetary compensation for any future medical bills resulting from the accident, negate your ability to receive pain and suffering settlements, and negate compensation for work loss.
We Will Determine…
When you come in, we will determine:
- the extent of the injury or injuries
- the number of estimated treatments required to treat your injuries
- if referral to another medical specialist is required
- if special tests are required (i.e. MRI, CT Scan, etc.)
- if you need to take “injury time off” from work (and provide you with a note to present to your employer)
Don’t Delay, Call Today!
If you or someone you know has been involved in a slip and fall, call (or have them call) our office immediately. The quicker you receive the care you need, the quicker your injuries will heal and the faster you can get on with your life.
Service for Slip and Fall available at the following locations:
- Halifax Injury Physicians, Daytona Beach, FL
- Preferred Injury Physicians of Orange City, Orange city
- Preferred Injury Physicians of Orlando, Orlando, FL
- Preferred Injury Physicians of Kissimmee, Kissimmee, FL
- Preferred Injury Physicians of Brandon, Brandon, FL
- Preferred Injury Physicians of Tampa, Tampa, FL
If you are experiencing pain from an accident or a sports-related injury, whether it be neck pain, back pain, headaches or other ailments, if you schedule an appointment at Preferred Injury Physicians, your road to recovery will begin immediately!